Adobe Connect Modules
Here are the primary modules in the Adobe Connect family, in non-technical language:
● Connect Rooms (Connect for Virtual Classrooms, Connect for Webinars) - Depending on your use-case, this might be a virtual classroom, a webinar or a meeting.
● Registration (Connect Events) - This module allows you to create registration pages and catalogs that you can essentially place 'in front of' live sessions, recordings, training courses or any other content in Connect.
● Adobe Captivate - A standalone authoring tool used to create demonstrations, simulations and quizzes. these can be used on-demand (via an LMS such as Captivate Prime) or interactively inside of your Connect rooms.
The naming of software products and modules is often harder to understand than the products themselves. Here is a glossary of terms that can prove to be a useful reference when working through your decision process.
Connect Deployment Types
Here are the three options that you have when deploying Connect:
● Standard Hosted Service - The typical 'cloud' deployment, Adobe handles everything and you just require a login and password to get started.
● Adobe Connect Managed Services (CoSo Cloud or ACMS) - A single-tenant, subscription service hosted and supported by CoSo Cloud or Adobe (ACSMS), geared towards large enterprises, global use and higher level security and certification (HIPAA for example).
● On-Premise Use - You manage the hardware and software in your own datacenter. The deployment is behind your firewall and gives you ultimate control over security, integrations etc.
Note - With a few very small exceptions, the functionality inside of Connect is not altered based on the deployment method you choose.
Adobe Connect Glossary
GetConnect © 2018 | All Rights Reserved
Adobe Connect Capacity and Licensing
The licensing and capacity depends on the modules, but here is a quick guide to the structure and terminology:
● Named Hosts (NH) - NH licenses must each be tied to a single host, the capacity is always 100 attendees.
● Concurrent Meeting Participants (CMP) - You can have as many hosts as you like in the CP model, but the overall number of attendees across the account cannot exceed the total license capacity.
● Named Webinar Managers (NWM) - NWM licenses must each be tied to a single host, the capacity can be 100, 500 or 1,000 attendees.
● Shared Webinar Managers (SWM) - SWM licenses can be shared across multiple hosts, the capacity can be 500, 1,000 or 1,500 attendees.
● Event Managers (EM) - EM (registration) licenses are included with NWM, SWM and NVCM licenses. The EM licenses can also be purchased separately.