Adobe Connect Modules
Here are the primary modules in the Adobe Connect family, in non-technical language:
● Live Rooms (Connect for Meetings, Connect for eLearning, Connect for Webinars) - Depending on your use-case, this might be a meeting, a webinar or a virtual classroom.
● Registration (Connect Events) - This module allows you to create registration pages and catalogs that you can essentially place 'in front of' live sessions, recordings, training courses or any other content in Connect.
● Learning Management System or 'LMS' (Connect Training) - This is the module used to track on-demand and live training and learning.
● Adobe Presenter - A PowerPoint-based content and quiz authoring tool used to create 'talking PowerPoints'.
● Adobe Captivate - A standalone authoring tool used to create demonstrations, simulations and quizzes
The naming of software products and modules is often harder to understand than the products themselves. Here is a glossary of terms that can prove to be a useful reference when working through your decision process.
Connect Deployment Types
Here are the three options that you have when deploying Connect:
● Standard Hosted Service - The typical 'cloud' deployment, Adobe handles everything and you just require a login and password to get started.
● Adobe Connect Managed Services (ACMS) - Again this is hosted by Adobe, but on a dedicated server environment that gives you more control over security, integration etc.
● On-Premise Use - You manage the hardware and software in your own datacenter. The deployment is behind your firewall and gives you ultimate control over security, integrations etc.
Note - With a few very small exceptions, the functionality inside of Connect is not altered based on the deployment method you choose.
Adobe Connect Glossary
GetConnect © 2013 | All Rights Reserved
Adobe Connect Capacity and Licensing
The licensing and capacity depends on the modules, but here is a quick guide to the structure and terminology:
● Named Hosts (NH) - NH licenses must each be tied to a single host, the capacity is always 100 attendees.
● Concurrent Meeting Participants (CMP) - You can have as many hosts as you like in the CP model, but the overall number of attendees across the account cannot exceed the total license capacity.
● Named Webinar Managers (NWM) - NWM licenses must each be tied to a single host, the capacity can be 100, 500 or 1,000 attendees.
● Shared Webinar Managers (SWM) - SWM licenses can be shared across multiple hosts, the capacity can be 500, 1,000 or 1,500 attendees.
● Named Virtual Classroom Managers (NVCM) - NVCM licenses must be tied to a single host/instructor, the capacity is always 200 attendees.
● Event Managers (EM) - EM (registration) licenses are included with NWM, SWM and NVCM licenses. The EM licenses can also be purchased separately.
● Concurrent Learners (CL) - the CL count represents the maximum number of learners who can be *actively* engaged in learning in the Connect Training LMS at any one time.